Do you find the day over before you’ve had time to read with your child?
Can’t find high quality books that your children will enjoy?
Do you want to build a better relationship with your child?
Do you want to find efficient and effective ways to build literacy in your home?
Building Future Readers Helps Busy Parents
Make Building Future Readers your go to source for book reviews, literacy building activities, reading research and author interviews.
Life gets busy fast and research shows reading 20 minutes a day creates curious, elastic, and adventurous minds. Not only do our children learn while we read, but the parent-child relationship strengthens and grows through the enriching conversations created with engaging books and play.
How can Building Future Readers help?
- Reviews of Upcoming Picture Books. Each review focuses on the 6 early literacy skills: Print Motivation, Print Awareness, Vocabulary, Letter Awareness, Phonological Awareness, and Narrative Skills. In each review there is a section about the book, the skills highlighted, songs and activities that will continue learning after the last page, and suggestions of what to read next.
- Author interviews. Book excitement builds when a child learns about the women and men behind the books they enjoy.
- Reading Research. Our understanding of how kids learn to read and what works and doesn’t work as well changes constantly. Keep on top of the latest trends and topics.
- Reading Best Practices. Reading aloud isn’t intuitive! We all struggle with pronunciations and long winded passages at times. Find tips and tricks to get through books you didn’t realize you needed an English degree to conquer.
- Kids Who Play are Kids Who Read. Life gets out of control fast. Practices, lessons, get-togethers, playdates and so much more interfere with the time our kids need to play and explore. Learn about how to incorporate play and exploration into all aspects of your child’s day.
Building Future Readers Helps Strengthen Families
Building Future Readers helps concerned parents find ways to impact the reading life of their child. The world changes fast and we will help you navigate the complexities.
Building Future Readers helps parents find information about reading, reviews and research in one place.
For more reviews, tips, advice and more follow Building Future Readers Blog or like us on Facebook!